So, no srep throat-and I took Braden in too since he's been complaining of a very sore throat for a day or so.
The doctor did indeed say the words "I think it's viral..." but then proceeded to go on and say "I'm going to give you antibiotics anyway because I'm a bit concerned about the swelling of the (right) lymph node." (YES!! Antibiotics-and a Z pak to boot!) He then says "Now if that swelling increases over the next day or two or you develop a high fever be sure to come in before the weekend. And I want you to come back in in a week or two to check in with your doctor." Anyone else feeling all giddy with warm fuzzies yet????
Insert some episode from House....woman goes in with sore throat, gets majorly ill with lots of weird symptoms, biopsies and MRI's are done, and after nearly dying it is discovered that she's having a reaction to the pencil shavings brought into the house by her school attending children.....House saves the day and all is well.
Of course I'm not feeling all THAT dramatic over the whole thing, but I did chuckle as he said watch for more swelling/fever. I SERIOUSLY thought of House.
Just for the record, the right side of my neck is quite swollen, and the lymph node is the size of and feels like a peach pit. And it really hurts if you touch it...
Watch out for those pencil shavings!!
Monday, March 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pencil shavings or....mono. Sounds like what Jared went through when he had it in third grade. And only one side swelling used to be a classic symptom of mono. Lay off the House. Remember it is real case senarios ENHANCED.
Hilarious! Not, the swelling but I got a chuckle out of the "house" comment too! I personally don't watch that but it sounds funny. Have you done warm compresses on it? I would be making sure that thing goes down asap! Have you gone back yet? No scary news ok! :)
Post a Comment