Thursday, November 15, 2007
A tale of two frogs
A few of my children have been blanket babies. When Chase was born I found a cute little frog blanket (small square with a frog head). I thought, this will be great because it's small so he won't be able to drag it all over the place! Little did I know what I had started. Later, as we found he had a huge attachment we bought another frog. It got lost. Over the years "frog" has been very well loved, snipped, worn through-think velveteen rabbit. We have been unable to find a back up frog until a week or so ago. I was in Target and had to take Chase to the bathroom. Outside the bathroom door was a cart that had in it -you guessed it-a FROG!!!! Chase noticed it immediately. We went in to the bathroom and found a lady changing a little girl's diaper. I asked if she was the owner of said frog and proceeded to ask how to find one. We are now the proud owners of TWO backup frogs. A few days after the frogs arrived, we couldn't find frog (this is a rather frequent occurrance. I don't even want to think of the hours I have spent looking for frog). At the end of the day we still hadn't found him so I pulled out a new one. The look on the four year old's face was priceless. Grinned from ear to ear forever!! A few days later the orginal (and by far,favorite) frog was found, and young Chase dozed off to dreamland with two frogs in tow!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
There is a similar story as to why Caleb has three blankets. The spare was needed and never given back.
So cute! What a difference in the shades of green. And the smell thing, I totally identify with that. Sally
Post a Comment