Friday, September 05, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes...

Delainey usually stays home with Andrew while I take Braden and Chase to school. Yesterday when I arrived home, Andrew greeted me with "Mom, did you know that three plus four equals cat?" Delainey had been busy teaching him all kinds of facts.

Chase had to have some fairly major dental work this morning. His pediatric dentist is about 45 minutes away and does these prodcedures outpatient at the hospital. I had to be up at 4:00 this morning to arrive at 5:30. When I went out to the car to leave the house it was raining, courtesy of Tropical Storm Hanna. As we were getting close to the hospital I heard this little voice (who I thought was sleeping) say, "Mom is this Gustav or that Hanna thing?" Welcome to hurricane season Chase..

And finally, for all the more geeky people...This afternoon Delainey was doing some art work at the table repeating to herself "Don't try this at home" After a few times Chase jumped in and said "Hey mom, I'm Adam!" Delainey quickly jumped in with "I'm Jamie!" Chase proceeded to proclaim "and you mix milk with water and BOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!" to which Delainey replies "Seriously folks, DON'T try this at home!" Are you stymied? That would be from Mythbusters on the Discovery channel. (we only have like 36 hours of Mythbusters on our new DVR)

3 comments:

Shelly said...

It took me a second to get the Mythbusters reference, but then I laughed out loud! That's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't really consider myself a geek until I realized that I knew we were heading into Mythbusters territory from the first "Don't try this at home". Oh my...

Sally said...

Great tales. So glad you have Delainey to teach Andrew the finer points of math. Maybe she could help out with Braden's boredom at school. The mythbuster act was great. Hope it always stays so nicely under control. Sally