Friday, March 04, 2011

These are the people in my neighborhood....

OK, so calling them "people" is a bit of a stretch, but....these are pictures Andrew took while walking beside the canal yesterday afternoon:







One of the larger canals in the county is behind our house. Within the past year the water district, apparently with no environmental impact report, decided to clear out the opposite (to our house) bank of the canal. In the almost three years we have lived here I had only once seen an alligator, although I knew they were there. Since they cleared out the far side of the canal, the habitat moved to our side since we have vegetation and the other side does not. Now we can see them anytime and every time we go down-mostly the little ones.

The children have been warned-severly. Yesterday we went walking by the canal, and Delainey said, "Mom, is that where they (the alligators) stuff the human bodies?" I think they got the message!!

5 comments:

LauraJ said...

That would freak me out!!!

Sally said...

Great pictures. Glad I did not see the large one. But I recognize the smaller one. Yes, Laura, they are a definite freak out.

Anonymous said...

Yikes!

beezbond said...

ok this would give me the hibee jibees

FitNotQuitJess said...

SCARY and cool at the same time