Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Proud Mom

Andrew is playing JV basketball and has been getting some good playing time and playing well. Recently football season ended and 4 guys from the football team were added to the team. That always adds some awkward time while the team readjusts and often the football players take a few starting spots and take up playing time opportunities.

At the game on Monday, Andrew had a tough game. Basically just lost the mental game and was very frustrated. After the game he commented "it's too bad I'm going to miss the game on Friday." News to me. "Why are you going to miss the game on Friday?" "Temple Mom!" The youth have a temple trip on Friday. I had just assumed that he wasn't going because of the game since it is fairly common for mutual and things like that to be taken over by the basketball season. I related my surprise and told him what I had thought and he said, "Yeah, but mom, it's the temple."

Very proud of my young man making the best choice. Basketball is very important to Andrew so giving up playing time is a pretty big thing. I'm so glad he is choosing to place the Lord first.

3 comments:

Sally said...

What a terrific young man.

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME!

beezbond said...

that's huge
tell him we are with him