Thursday, April 08, 2010

Force of Nature

Only those who don't know Delainey laugh when I call her a force of nature. Take the swim coach. I approached him on Monday to see if he thought Delainey would be ready for swimming. He said that he had had five year olds swim laps around everyone (to which I pointed to Delainey) and had 7 year olds that wouldn't swim a lap.

Wednesday was her first try at swim team. We've been waiting for Chase to get a good head start before we unleashed the force of nature.

Warm ups-Delainey is chatting and doing her thing. After about 5 minutes the coach said "Wow-you are quite the person aren't you?" I laughed.

Then she gets in the water. Swims like a little fish. He's amazed. Then I said "you should see her backstroke!" I could feel the disbelief emminating from the coach. He humors me and has her flip over. She takes off and his jaw drops. You must know that Delainey has a MAD backstroke for one so young.

It was fun to watch the coach deal with my little "force of nature." Don't underestimate our Little Miss.

7 comments:

beezbond said...

we love the beauty of the force
how about a video clip

Shelly said...

Sweet! You go girl! (both you and Delainey)

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Love nature. Wish we could see it in person. The birthday pictures make her look big but I guess she is. So glad she is still lovin life.

Sally said...

Go Delainey! Watch out world!

Jared said...

Enjoy channeling the force of nature!

coach handbags said...

coach handbags

coach handbags outlet

coach outlet

cheap coach handbags

coach handbags on sale

Coach Patchwork Purse
New Coach Handbags
Coach Backpack Bags
Coach Hampton Bags
Coach Spotlight Bags
Coach Shoulder Bags
Coach Sabrina Bags
Coach Maggie Bags
Coach Tribeca Bags
Coach Baby Bags
Coach HOBO Bags
Coach Sling Bags
Coach Garnet Bags
Coach Travel Bags
Coach Claire Bags
Coach Carly Bags
Coach Ergo Bags
Coach Tote Bags

Sara and Todd said...

I have loved catching up on your blog. Your force of nature sounds great! Congrats to Andrew, Braden and Chase as well. Congrats to you and Matt on making it through another school year! Love you guys. --Sara