Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Are you lunchsmart or gradesmart?

Another of Braden's ever so insightful comments...several times on the way home from basketball practices Braden has discussed the concept of "lunchsmart" and "gradesmart." Lunchtime at this school has not been Braden's favorite thing. At the first of the year he sat near a friend, but was at a table of tormentors. That settled down to where he was no longer tormented, and now he is gleeful because he gets to be the tormentor of the "cool kids" because apparently THEY can't all fit on one table and Braden in his spot disrupts their placement....anyone else confused??

I think the titles he has come up with are pretty self explanatory. He has repeatedly proclaimed that he is happy to be "gradesmart" and not "lunchsmart". Tonight he commented that it is rare to have someone both "gradesmart" AND "lunchsmart" and repeated his happiness at being "gradesmart."

Ahh fourth grade politics..

5 comments:

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

I love his analogy. I think I was probably lunch smart...BUMMER! (if only I would have known then what I know now)I think it is equally hilarious that he is aware of his seating placement and the disruption it is causing the "lunchsmarts." You go Braden, and it is WAY better to be gradesmart!

Charity said...

Excellent 4th grade observation!! Don't you just love the lunch time dramatics?

Kellianne said...

Hey Honor
I love the little things the kids say. Aren't you so happy you're raising well-adjusted kids. It's nice that these things aren't going to torment them forever, they've decided to be happy despite some unpleasant circumstances...
I need to play games...I've resorted to playing online every now and then. I convince myself that I'm keeping my brain cells intact by using them for logic and reasoning.
Hope all is well with you!

Jared said...

Braden enjoy being school smart. Work on being a little street smart. And if you don't always have the complete lunchsmarts, just take care of people and you will do well.

Sally said...

Incredible insights for an incredible fellow. Love his gradsmarts.